Translation Specialist (DE – EN) – relocation support
Paid relocation jobs in Slovakia
Are you looking to work in one of the most innovative and customer-centric e-commerce businesses on earth? Does joining a multicultural team of Translation, Proofreading and Outsourcing Specialists sound appealing to you?
Do you have a passion for learning and developing yourself and others? Then consider joining the Amazon Localization Team, and help us contribute to expanding product selection across international platforms.
Amazon is currently looking for a motivated and talented linguist to join our team as a: German to UK English Translation Specialist (DE-UK).
As a member of the Translation Team within the Consumer Localization department, you will play a key role in ensuring that human and machine-generated translations meet the right level of quality for our customers. You will:
· Providing manual translation during the launch phase of a new language combination
· Post-edit machine-translated product detail pages in an efficient way to increase the product availability for the customer in their preferred language
· Perform activities to support the training and development of a machine translation engine in preparation for the transition to post-editing
· Conduct quality checks by proofreading/reviewing linguistic work from your peers, freelancer translators and other external vendors to ensure adherence to customer’s and company’s quality standards.
· Provide feedback and linguistic coaching to your peers, freelance translators and other external vendors and engage in quality improvement initiatives when needed.
· Monitor external vendor quality progress, investigate quality variations and develop and implement measures to drive quality improvement in collaboration with other internal teams.
· Control and improve machine-translation engines’ quality by assessing output and providing linguistic feedback.
· Translate product attributes and take part in other human translation projects.
· Depending on the group’s needs and your own skills and inclinations, support our leadership, business and tech teams by taking an active part in hiring, training, project management, technical support, etc.
What we offer:
· Training on the job
· Lots of room for your own initiative and development in a dynamic, multicultural team
· A permanent contract
· Competitive compensation, local benefits package and relocation support
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills, and embrace non-traditional paths to achieve the required competences. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
We don’t expect any individual to be able to do everything, we work as a team with each member bringing their unique skills to the mix and strengthening the whole.
We dedicate time and effort to training our people to help them succeed in their role and grow their career.
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 1800 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA.
Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
· UK English at a native level
· Able to work from German (mandatory) to UK English
· Degree in Translation, Foreign Languages or Communication
· Fully-functional oral and written communication skills in English
· Knowledge of CAT tools
· Strong working knowledge of basic computer business applications such as MS Word and MS Excel, Outlook
· Working from Spanish, Italian or French to UK English will be an added advantage
· Ability to make logical decisions while performing tasks even when provided information is ambiguous
· Familiarity with online retail (e-commerce) and Internet search industries
· Previous experience in proofreading or post-editing of machine-translated content
· Proven ability to prioritize and work towards deadlines
· Strong analytical, writing and editorial skills
· A great deal of personal initiative, decisiveness and team spirit