Tile Setter – Job in Canada (Paid relocation)
Paid relocation jobs in Canada:
Next Work And Travel
RELOCATION IS COVERED BY THE EMPLOYER. Only apply if you are willing to relocate, have a valid passport, more than 4 years of experience installing tiles, and have ways to prove your experience.
Location: Ontario Canada
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $31.43 to $33.43 hourly. 40-48 hours per week.
Benefits: Life insurance, accidental death, and dismemberment insurance. We also provide uniforms. Transportation costs are covered if the worker needs to relocate.
– Prepare, measure, and mark surfaces to be covered
– Mix, apply, and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
– Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base
– Align and straighten tiles
– Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools
– Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout
– Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
– Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural, and floor designs
– Build under beds and install anchor bolts, wires, and brackets
– Cut, surface, polish and install marble and granite
– Mix, lay and polish terra surfaces
– Install tile strips
– Instruct apprentices
– Supervise other workers
-Education: Completion of secondary school
-Experience: At least 3 years of experience in the trade are required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then, completion of a three-or-four-year apprenticeship program is required.
– Work conditions and physical capabilities: physically demanding, handling heavy loads, bending, crouching, kneeling, attention to detail, large workload, hand-eye coordination.
-Position requires frequent traveling.
A valid driver’s license is required as we will provide a vehicle for transportation from work to the different locations.
Important Information: The schedule goes from Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM with 30 minutes of unpaid lunch and two 15- minute paid breaks. Saturday work might be required in the same schedule. Flexibility is required.
Job Type: Permanent
High school or equivalent (Required)
tile setting: 5 years (Required)