Teacher of Design Technology (Relocation Allowance)
Paid relocation jobs in United Arab Emirates
Regent International School (RIS)Dubai, UAE
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2020
Closing date: 11 Jul 2020
Suitable for NQTs: Yes
Imagine schools with a variety of educational pathways, where the academic skills of literacy, critical thinking, innovation, numeracy, creativity, self-control and work ethic are taught in parallel the skills of wellbeing, including self-confidence, contentment, kindness, gratitude, health, and love. Welcome to Fortes Education, Dubai.
We have been delivering high-quality education provision to young people for over two decades.
Our Positive Education schools foster active engagement in learning and activities. We celebrate positive emotions and accomplishments, encourage students to cultivate fulfilling relationships with others and to seek meaning and purpose in their own lives.
We set high standards and expectations for each pupil in academics and in co-curricular participation. Our high-impact learning programme lays a strong foundation that develops each pupil’s multiple intelligences through a broad range of activities in and out of the classroom.
Our commitment is to provide a premium world-class “positive” education, which empowers our pupils to become innovative thinkers, socially confident life-long learners, having growth mindsets and character strengths, to flourish in an ever-changing world.
Regent International School (RIS), is a well-established Primary school following the National Curriculum for England. RIS has been consistently delivering proven results in the classroom since inception and has developed a reputation of being one of the leading schools in Dubai.
In the recent inspection by the Dubai School Inspection Bureau, RIS has been judged as ‘Very Good’ and has been known to deliver proven results in the classroom since inception.
We present an exciting opportunity to join the development of a secondary phase at Regent starting with Year 7 beginning in August 2020.
The ethos and structure of our Secondary School will be both innovative and unique.
Our secondary students will experience an innovative British curriculum influenced by the best practice of the UK Middle and Prep School curriculum models enriched with the latest learning, teaching and digital experiences.
It is anticipated that the school will grow, year on year, with the first cohort of students sitting GCSE and BTEC examinations in June 2024 and our first Level 3 BTEC and A-Level cohort graduating in June 2026.
The uniqueness of our curriculum offer starts with reducing the number of teachers who educate students in Years 7 and 8. The Primary/Secondary school transition is regarded as the most difficult move in a child’s education and can have a significant impact on a young person’s academic progress and personal wellbeing.
By revisiting traditional curriculum and staffing structures, the Regent Secondary School learning and personal development experience will significantly reduce student anxiety and ensure that pupils make better than expected academic progress at the start of their secondary school education.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced specialist teacher to join our team in August 2020 and play an important part in our journey to “Outstanding.”
We are looking for certain qualities:
- Skilled in the best global educational practices
- Committed to developing and inspiring every pupil, to believe that they can and will succeed
- Able to teach through the “multiple intelligences”, to develop the whole child
- Tech-savvy, fluent in using Apps and technology to extend and enrich each pupil’s learning experience
- Outstanding role models who embody our core values
- Passionate about providing enriched learning opportunities for children in and out of the classroom
- Excellent communicators who can ignite a passion for learning in our students
- Able to make a significant contribution to our extra-curricular activities (ECA) programme and to
wider campus life
- Strong academic background, work-ethic, well-organized having excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability and commitment to develop squads and facilitate the involvement in sports tournaments & after school hours
- This opportunity will include teaching Design Technology at Upper Key Stage 2 & Key Stage 3, as well as supporting the development of STEM teaching and Project based learning across the school.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and well-qualified holding as a minimum, a B.Ed. or a B.A & PGCE and QTS
- Excellent tax-free salary
- Furnished Accommodation
- Relocation Allowance
- Medical Insurance for self
- Annual Air-Ticket and paid vacations
- State-of-the art facilities and amenities in a revamped site situated in a prime location in Dubai
- An enthusiastic learning community of students, teachers, parents and Board members, who are dedicated to maximise student achievement for each and every child, and to create positive learning opportunities in and out of the classroom
- Working within a team of highly driven and supportive colleagues
- Excellent professional development
- Working in Dubai, one of the world’s most sought after work and travel destinations
If you have the passion, energy and commitment to drive accelerated outcomes for young people, we would welcome your application. In return, you will join a rapidly evolving organisation that can offer you a central role within our future growth plans.
Candidates are invited to complete our Online Application by visiting: http://forteseducation.com/Careers/Current-Openings
Interviews will take place either face to face in Dubai or by video conferencing.
Application Closing Date: 11th July 2020
Appointment Start Date: Mid-Aug 2020
Fortes Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including a satisfactory International Child Protection Certificate, plus resident country Police checks.