Structural Design Engineer – paid relocation to New Zealand!
Paid relocation jobs in New Zealand
Our Auckland Building’s team includes engineers in the primary disciplines of Building Services, Building Sciences, Sustainability, Structural and Façade engineering.
The team delivers projects regionally and contributes to the Group’s growth in the ANZ region.
Our team uses the best that technology can offer in the design and delivery of elegant solutions. This includes a digital engineering approach to design and documentation, encompassing a suite of tools in an effective digital workflow.
Tools include parametric processes, advanced analysis, BIM, construction staged analysis etc.
In this role, you will be a Structural Design Engineer within the Mott MacDonald Building’s team in New Zealand.
You will represent the group at project level, taking responsibility for the design, documentation, and delivery of projects. They will begin forming relationships with our key collaborators which may prosper in the future.
This role will see you:
• Act as a Design Engineer on projects responsible to other senior team members, but occasionally as Project Engineer on small/less complex projects.
• Responsible for the quality and accuracy of their own work.
• Be familiar with agreed fees/scope of services/programme.
• Manage project resources/programme.
• Attend design team/site meetings.
• Liaise and correspond day to day with design team/contractor.
• Responsible for development and production of drawings/calculations/specifications/reports
• Develop an ability in delivery in the 3D, BIM and Digital engineering environment.
Your experience will include:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
• An ability to represent the practice at project level.
• An in-depth understanding of structural behaviour and engineering from first-principles
• Experience of New Zealand building standards and regulations
• An ability to take responsibility for their work.
You will also be able to display
• A desire to delight
• Self-motivation, a willingness to learn, adapt and excel
• An interest in the ‘story’ of engineering projects
• An understanding of the importance of relationships and begin to build relationships with consultants from other organisations.
In return we offer you the opportunity to build a dynamic career and make the world you love. It’s your turn to be you. At Mott MacDonald you won’t find just a job. You’ll find the way to a greater future.
The Mott MacDonald Group is a dynamic and innovative management, engineering and development consultancy working on landmark projects worldwide.
Wholly independent and employee owned, we have staff worldwide working in all sectors including transport, energy, buildings, water and the environment, health and education, industry and communications.
We are looking to expand our current buildings team in New Zealand and interested in applications from UK & International based Structural Design Engineers, with experience on large projects who are interested in relocating to New Zealand.
By joining Mott MacDonald, you will find we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
Successful UK applicants will receive assistance with relocation and NZ visa applications.
To apply please clink on the link below, or get in touch with Matt McKenzie at [email protected]
There’s no time like the present to make a change