Senior QA Engineer – Finland (relocation assistance)
Paid relocation jobs in Finland:
Do you know why it’s called new space?
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers.
These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions.
We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland.
Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology.
We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
Currently, we are looking for an experienced Senior QA Engineer to support one of our teams based in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
Challenges you’ll help us solve:
- Ensure the quality of feature requirements by analyzing and verifying them with the scrum team and product owner
- Ensure the quality of released features by developing test plans, defining and creating test scenarios, executing test scripts, assessing test results, and reporting bugs and incidents
- Keeping our test automation technologies and approach up-to-date through the integration of automated testing tools and test harnesses as required.
- Decrease the risk of introducing incidents and bugs by incrementally increasing test automation coverage at integration and above test levels
- Ensure consistency and speed of delivery by working with the development team, QA team, and DevOps specialists to setup and maintain the DevOps pipeline with respect to automated tests at different levels
- Providing seamless software releases and deployments by working with all relevant stakeholders to ensure new features are understood and expected and all relevant quality standards and processes have been applied
- Maintain a high service level by working with software engineers and stakeholders as needed to identify and resolve production incidents and bugs
Your background and skillset:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering
- Solid understanding of QA principles and practices
- Ability to work independently and lead QA development activities as part of the development team
- Ability to communicate effectively with the product owner, team members, and business stakeholders
- Experience in working with Agile Methodologies and knowledge of DevOps practices
- Experience in the Linux operating system and writing shell scripts
- Experience of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or GitHub Actions
- Experience using Docker
- Interest in learning to work with Kubernetes
- Experience working with AWS or any other cloud provider
Nice to have:
- Experience with different kinds of non-functional testing (e.g. performance, security, etc)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience working with Golang
- Experience of a working environment following the Infrastructure as Code (IAC) approach and related technologies (e.g. Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience in working with ISO 9001 and/or ISO27001
- ISTQB certification will be seen as an advantage
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We look forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible.
The role will be filled when a suitable candidate is found, so act now!
Privacy Notice to Job Applicant
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.