Senior Data Analyst (relocation and work permit assistance)
Paid relocation jobs in Sweden
MachineGames is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our Live Dev/Ops team. In this role, you will develop experiments, conduct studies, and communicate analyses to inform features, systems and experiences in our games.
As Analyst, you will join a cross-functional group of researchers, engineers, data scientists, and strategists who are responsible for solving problems and informing the difficult decisions that arise in game development and live-game operations.
MachineGames was established in 2009 and became a part of the Zenimax Media family in 2010. We’ve been recognized for our award-winning games based on id Software’s franchise Wolfenstein.
Our premier titles “Wolfenstein: The New Order” (2014), “The Old Blood” (2015), “The New Colossus” (2017) and “Youngblood” (2019) are reimagining the franchise widely credited for helping establish the first-person shooter genre.
Our office is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times. It also has the oldest and one of the largest universities in northern Europe.
Zenimax Media was founded in 1986 in the early days of the industry and has a long history of success as a publisher of award-winning video games.
The Zenimax family creates some major franchises such as The Elder Scrolls®, Fallout®, Dishonored®, DOOM®, QUAKE®, Wolfenstein®, Prey®, The Evil Within®, and RAGE®.
ZeniMax Media is a unique media organization which has brought together a powerful creative force of world-class game developers to create and publish original interactive entertainment content for consoles, PC, mobile and other devices.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and application for work permit if you’re not currently residing in Sweden.
- 5+ years’ experience in AAA or mobile games development as a game data analyst or equivalent
- Intermediate to Advanced SQL skills
- Experience with Tableau or similar software
- Comfortable interpreting data and discussing findings across multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong communicator and collaborator, with excellent organizational skills
- Able to conduct requirements gathering and define business needs
- Deep understanding of KPIs used in the industry
- Excellent understanding of acquisition, retention and monetization concepts
- Applied knowledge of statistical analysis
- Work directly with game development teams, ensuring that business requirements are captured and met
- Design and maintain Tableau-based dashboards and reports that support ongoing decision making within the organization with a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Develop, execute, and maintain SQL against both structured and unstructured data sets
- Work directly with the ETL and Data Engineers to communicate and define reporting requirements
- Provide timely analyses for emerging decisions (correlation analysis, retention analysis, user profiling, competitive analysis, corporation analysis)
- Track work and provide updates in project management tools
- Conduct long-term studies that inform the strategy of our products
- Advocate a data-informed decision approach within the team and company
- Programming Experience (e.g. Python, Scala)
- Experience with Apache Spark, Amazon Redshift or similar technologies
- Experience managing a project or small team
- Experience interpreting debug logging
- High comfort level working with structured and unstructured data.
- Applied knowledge of logical database design, relational databases, and data warehouse a
- Background in or passion for gaming