Senior Customer Application Engineer (Relocation Assistance Provided)
Paid relocation jobs in Egypt:
GE Renewable Energy
Job Description Summary
In this role, the Technical Application Engineer will be responsible for business development of GA Market, products prequalification, competitor information, and GA market understanding, L2 technical support, customer intimacy with clients in Utilities, O&G, Process and Mining & other industries in North Africa Cluster and other countries within MENAT region.
He will closely coordinate his activities with GE sales, engineering and services. This position will report to GA MENAT Application director
Main responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible and accountable for: yearly orders OP, creation of opportunities based on installed base, and market information.
- Application Support (L2): Provide technical support to clients in the region e.g. technical queries, developing customized solutions, supporting scheme engineering, analyzing field performance etc.
- Promotions & Approvals: Key role in product launches, presentations, discussions, spec-in activities, exhibitions/conferences, site trials etc. through Marketing. Implement actions necessary for product approvals based on regional strategy and priorities
- Product Problems / Non-quality Issues: Take the lead in investigating and resolving product problems reported when requested by customers (L1). Support local actions required for resolution of major non-quality issues
-Commercial (Tendering & Negotiation): Support Tendering team – Study customer’s technical & commercial requirements. Support Management during contract negotiation
- Commercial channels & Market Monitoring: Improve awareness of GA solutions. Obtain competitor data, market share, volume etc. Track evolving customer specifications & requirements.
Product Management: Be aware of product obsoletions, new product availability etc. and provide appropriate customer support in line with regional strategy.
Keep track of firmware upgrades, changes in product features etc. and participate in necessary local actions. Support customers vis-à-vis product literature needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical & Electronics Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of total 10 years of professional experience in commissioning of GE products, applications and / or engineering projects in Grid Automation field, as well as site experience in conventional and digital control systems (PSA).
- Extensive experience in GE and competitors’ products
- Extensive experience in Utilities (MV, HV, EHV applications), Industrial/O&G Applications (motors, generators, feeders, transformers, ATS schemes)
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 75%, as required.
- Fluent in English and Arabic languages
- Knowledge & experience in protection relays, substation automation, transformer monitoring & diagnostics, switchgear, substations, power plants, industrial plants & power systems are key differentiators to this role
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills to quickly understand and guide solutions to customer issues
- Good customer networking and commercial exposure
- Strong problem-solving skills, with an emphasis on innovative and creative solutions that result in higher profitability, increased visibility & market penetration
- Strong written & verbal communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Professional experience with customers within the North Africa key regional utility and oil & gas customers, EPCs, OEMs and system integrators
- Proactive work style, creativity, high energy
- Fluency in French
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes