Registered Nurse/Midwife – Relocate to Australia
Relocation jobs in Australia
Our client Gippsland Southern Health Service (GSHS) is a provider of healthcare in the South Gippsland Shire in Victoria, approx. 2 hour drive from Melbourne. GSHS offers a broad range of services that meet the needs of a dispersed populated area with many small rural communities.
GSHS two main acute facilities are based at Leongatha and Korumburra. Our client is offering sponsorship via the Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) 482 visa, which offers a pathway to permanent residency in Australia.
GSHS offers a broad range of specialist, general, subacute, ambulatory, residential aged care and community services.
We have a rewarding opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RN) with a midwifery background at GSHS. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment with a wonderful group of nurses, managers, personal care attendants, administrative staff then keep reading!
- Provide all aspects of Antenatal, Intrapartum, Postnatal and Domiciliary Care
- Ability to work independently, occasionally being primary midwife with second midwife on call
- Attend to neonatal and adult resuscitation as Basic Life Support (BLS) responder
- Attend Lower Uterine Segment Caesarean Section (LUSCS) as the primary midwife
- Provide phone triage for maternity patients
- Overseeing student midwives and supporting graduate midwives
- Provide patient-centred nursing care, including skills in clinical assessment, intervention and evaluation of individual health and functional status
- Monitor the impact of nursing care and maintain ongoing communication regarding the health and functional status of individuals
- Act upon patient concerns and comments as required and report patient concerns promptly to assist effective resolution of complaints
- Participate in interdisciplinary assessment and service delivery planning process and supports care coordination across care settings
- Ensure all documentation conforms to established professional, organisational and legal standards
- Recognised tertiary qualifications nursing, with a minimum 2 years’ post qualification experience. Graduate Year / Transition Program in Midwifery will be highly regarded
- Current or be eligible for registration with the Nursing Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) or Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a RN and Midwife
- Completion of the Foetal Surveillance Education Program (FSEP), assessed at Level 2 or above
- Current Neonatal resuscitation and BSL competency
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Prepared to work rotating day/night/weekend shifts
- A valid drivers licence, allowing you to apply for an Australian drivers licence
To be considered for these roles you MUST be able to address the above selection criteria as these are prerequisites to be eligible for 482 visa sponsorship. Our client offers market competitive salaries, with shift and weekend penalty rates paid.
Apply now for an immediate discussion.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00 to £40,000.00 /year
- nursing: 2 years (Required)
- midwifery: 2 years (Required)
- AHPRA (Preferred)