R&D Materials for batteries (relocation to Belgium)
Full time, permanent position
VITO has clear ambitions to further strengthen its research programme ‘Sustainable Materials Management’. One of our core research activities is the development of innovative materials for energy storage in batteries. Flexible storage of energy is one of the cornerstones of the transition to an energy system with a larger share of renewables. We aim to further develop innovative applications in this area, in close collaboration with industrial companies and other research institutes.
We are looking for an experienced researcher to strengthen this research track:
- You are responsible for the acquisition, execution and coordination of applied scientific research projects.
- As a VITO expert in this field, you closely follow up the trends and developments in the domain, present results at (inter)national fora and publish in peer-reviewed journals.
- You can rely on a strong network of relevant partners and you are eager to find opportunities for setting up (demo) projects with industrial partners.
- You hold a Master’s degree in Engineering or Applied Sciences (Materials, Chemistry, Physics). Preferably, you hold a PhD.
- You have a demonstrated ability and technical expertise in in the field of electrochemistry.
- You are widely experienced in synthesis, processing and shaping of anode and cathode materials, preferably used in Li-Ion batteries. You also have hands on experience with battery cell assembly and troubleshooting.
- You are highly motivated to set up R&D projects in an international context, building on expertise in an industrial R&D environment.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to clearly present complicated technical information to technicians, researchers and management.
- You have outstanding organizational and project management skills, with an attitude of a dedicated team player.
- An attractive salary package supplemented with extra-legal benefits such as allowances, insurances and a modular holiday package.
- You work at our office in Mol and will have a great deal of freedom and flexibility in your job that enables you to achieve an attractive work-life balance.
- Innovation is our key asset, and we give our employees the opportunity to undertake additional training and keep up to date with developments in their specialist field. In fact, we expect this of them.
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy.
- Together with 900 VITO colleagues, you will be part of making the difference in the systemic change that is required in order to achieve a sustainable society.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent