Quality Engineer I – relocation package
Paid relocation jobs in Wisconsin:
DRS Technologies Inc.
Travel – None
Electronics, Manufacturing, Military
Engineering, Government – Federal, QA – Quality Control
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Naval Power Systems (NPS) a multi-site operation responsible for $350 million of revenue with locations in Milwaukee, WI, Danbury, CT, Fitchburg, MA, and High Ridge, MO with an employee base of approximately 1100 employees.
NPS is structured into four Lines of Business: Surface, Submarines, Nuclear instrumentation and Controls and Marlo Coil focusing on supporting the power and propulsion needs of the U.S. Navy. We provide engineering, manufacturing and lifetime support of our highly engineered products.
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI
As the DRS Naval Power Systems Quality Engineer, you are responsible for assisting the Integrated Project Team (IPT) to meet the project goals of delivery, cost and quality.
Develop, maintain and deploy Quality Plans and activities that translate Customer requirements into planned activities. Ability to work independently under supervision of others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with developing a Quality Plan, based on the contract requirements and contract deliverables.
- Responsible for assisting with quality system development and supporting product quality improvement initiatives using programs such as 6 Sigma/Lean, SPC,
- FMEA, Process capability and ISO Quality Management systems.
- Responsible for developing working knowledge of computer programs used for supporting function and the IPT.
- Ability to work independently under supervision of others.
- Ability to influence the IPT towards a preventive, quality oriented culture from design throughout the life of the product.
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required.
- Provides technical support for Assembly/Test/Inspection personnel to include executing workmanship improvement plans, developing inspection methods and
- criteria, interpreting and revising specifications, and processing non-conforming materials.
- Assists in resolving customer quality issues.
- Provides technical expertise and assistance to IPT team members, and support personnel.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 0+ years of experience.
- Novice technical experience and application domain knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of ISO Standards, 6 Sigma tools â€“ greenbelt preferred.
- Ability to read/understand blueprints and military specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to define problems and understands root cause analysis.
- Permanent US Citizenship status.
- Knowledge of FAR clauses.
- Past experience in DoD contractor industry
- Military experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty-five (35) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer a very competitive base salary commensurate with experience including: an annual bonus, eligibility for a long-term incentive plan, and a business culture which rewards good performance. The Company offers a full range of employee benefits, and is prepared to offer a comprehensive relocation package.
Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #JS #NPS