Project Manager – Africa – Relocation Assistance Provided
Paid relocation jobs in Morocco:
GE Renewable Energy
Job Description Summary
As related customer equipment, faciliaties or infrastructure projects: responsible for project delivery, profit & loss accountability, and customer satisfaction through management of project related activities and resources.
Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness , profitability, Ethics, GE values etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Projects management
- The position holder directly reports to the Operations Director of Africa Subregion and functionally to the Region Operations Director.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects (Turnkeys, Substations Extensions, retrofit and maintenance) in Morocco and Sub Sahara Africa.
- Lead technical contractual and financial management of constructions projects including Engineering , CW, manufacturing, Delivery, Erection and commissioning.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Lead and coordinate the preparation of project reviews (starting with “budget zero” review) with other involved PLs( if applicable)
- Ensure end-to-end project life cycle from kick-off to closure including billing, cash collection & management of bonds
- Ensure “project monitoring cycle” regarding Progress and Projects Review
- Control the execution of action plans issued from project reviews with focus on anticipation of events, risks identification and management, cash position, …
Support main tenders
- Participate to Major tender review for risks & opportunities assessment
- Participate to the elaboration of project execution strategy,
- Participate to the elaboration of the costing, matrix of responsibilities, Schedule and milestones, Risks mitigation
- Provide inputs from project execution to build budget / forecast: Sales, CCM, cash flow
- Ensure that the sales/Billing/Cash plan is achieved according to the monthly budget
- Impulse generation of improvement actions that improve projects’ execution performance
- Monitor these actions and their sustainable implementation at operational level
Supervision of Contract Management
- Drive and control the enforcement of Contract Management Processes with external support (Legal, finance, Risk Committee, …)
- preparing and negotiating Variation Orders and Claims, with advice from the legal adviser when necessary
- Report identified or anticipated deviations to the Operations Manager and proposing corrective actions
- Backlog / Book to Bill analysis versus Budget Target
- Performs global risk assessment, forecasts, mitigation/management view, Sales/GM Landing
- Business development within portfolio: detects new business opportunities, project extensions, visits customers,
- Deploy and monitor Grid customer satisfaction policy, standards, methods & tools (e.g surveys standards & NPS, CIS/CQS,ACT, …)
- Relay and facilitate the action of Grid Customer care team regarding Customer care (All Ambassadors…) programs deployment
- Define and monitor customer care/customer satisfaction improvements plans (e.g detractors / promoters plans, All ambassadors action plan….) aligned with Grid priorities
- Must participate to all decisions that impact projects’ Cash/Quality/Delivery/GM baselines & customer satisfaction.
- Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes in ebook and on site
- Report or resolve any non-conformances and process in a timely manner
- Ensure continuous improvement mindset within his team, and specifically that the process owners are actively seeking for improvement and adapting their processes accordingly
Health and Safety
- Demonstrate EHS leadership and ensure Zero Deviation Plan is implemented within the team
- Identifies and evaluate EHS risks in own area and implements practical measures.
- Participates in hierarchical/ team safety visits and leads EHS improvement initiatives
- demonstrating the proper acts and actively observes work conditions and behaviors, giving constructive feedback and celebrating EHS effective prevention.
- Actively participates in defining corrective actions when work is unsafe or when an uncontrolled risk is observed.
- Routinely observes routines and behaviors of others and provides immediate feedback regarding unsafe behavior and celebrates achievements or safe behaviors.
- Actively and routinely promotes the identification of hazards and near misses to their team/s
- Main Risks & Opportunities on projects
- CCM variation root-cause analysis
- Quality and customers satisfactions KPI monitoring
- Main Risks & Opportunities on tenders
Network & Links
- Within the Unit : UMD, OM, Engineering, Sites, Sales & Tendering Managers, Finance, Sourcing, HR.
- Within the Region : RMD Operations Director, Engineering, management of entities and other functions such as Legal, Sales & Tendering, Contract Management
Interface and define the needs and schedule with other Units participating to the projects from the portfolio (automation, products, service)
Clients , Contractors, Suppliers, Partners, Consultant
- MS or Engineer degree or equivalent
- At least 10 years’ experience in project execution, project management role with T&D Engineering background..
- At least 5 years experience as T&D project engineer/Project manager in North Africa and SSA Africa Turnkey Substations.
- Well experienced on Turnkey VHV/HV/MV substations,
- Engineering and construction background
- One-grid mindset / change agent
- Negotiation & Conflict management
- Problem-solving to defined improvement actions for Unit/Region
- Facilitator with good communication skills
- Coaching skills
- Deep-dive analysis of actions feasibility & purpose.
- Note:To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes