Project HR Manager (Relocation to the Philippines)
Jan De Nul NV
Jan De Nul Group is synonymous with dredging and reclamation projects from A to Z, worldwide and at the highest level! We owe this position as a global player to our technical innovative know how and the most modern dredging fleet in the world. Since standing still is going backwards, we continue to invest in the future, our fleet and personnel.
To support our challenging marine dredging projects within the Philippines, we are looking for an seasoned Project HR Manager to lead the local HR department (total of 5 people). You are responsible for the development and implementation of a coherent HR structure in accordance with the general company policy. You will be assisted by a local HR deputy regarding the local regulation.
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Together with the Project Manager, being responsible for the setup all requirements from an HR perspective;
- Local recruitment with agencies (local staff and local crew);
- Support a 24/7 working organization;
- Expanding your knowledge of local labour law;
- Setting up comp & ben structure;
- Arrangement of visa, travel and housing for the expats;
- Organizing training of local personnel;
- Office management with office Manager (cars, cleaning, stationary, DHL);
- Providing input for local payroll to finance department.
You will report in this function directly to the Project Manager and functionally to the Group HR Manager.
You are a master with extensive knowledge within all HR domains and the associated processes. You can look back on at least 10 years of experience in a senior HR role and more specifically in setting up local HR organization. You are pragmatic, goal-oriented and constantly open to change. You are able to assimilate HR processes and apply new information and knowledge. Able to deal with a fast pace environment where you might have to decide in an undefined startup phase. You have experience within an international context.
You have strong communication skills and can work easily in English.
This is an office based position in Manila, Philippines. You can count on a competitive expat salary and extra-legal package.
What we offer
- Through the JDN-Academy, we offer you a permanent training trajectory, starting with a 4 to 5-week training.
- A caring culture: our FIT-programme allows us to monitor your well-being. The programme is centered around exercise, food and a healthy work-life balance.
- The opportunity to make a difference together with your colleagues and to distinguish yourself through your creativity, innovation and durability.
- By assembling multidisciplinary teams tailor-made for each project, we aim at always having the right person in the right place.
- For expats who are deployed on foreign projects, the plane tickets (round trip), local accommodation in the project country (hotel or studio/apartment), daily allowance depending on the country/currency and transport costs (e.g. taxi ).
- When someone moves to Belgium to strengthen our teams locally: plane ticket to Belgium is paid and accommodation is provided during the 1st working period of 3 months. Long-term housing assistance is also provided.
Job Type: Full-time