Metallurgy Manager – Relocate to Australia
Full job description
- Strong job security and safety culture
- VISA Sponsorship Available
- Sponsored relocation to Australia
About the role
Reporting to the Blast Furnace Manager, this permanent on-site role provides technical management of the Blast Furnace, Coke Ovens, and Power & Services departments. With a high focus on developing and implementing capable and predictable processes and systems as well as departmental strategies and business plans, this role will contribute towards maximising the economic value and long-term sustainability of the Blast Furnace asset.
- Process development, standardisation and control of all processes, with the aim of using statistical process control where possible
- Set product standards, measurement methods and test/control regimes to have an effective Product Assurance System
- Development and deployment of the quality plans and key performance indicators.
- Monitor and report process and cost driver performance
- Conduct metallurgical structural analysis
- Coordinate and implement short and medium-term production schedules
- Partner with ongoing remediation initiatives
- Provide an annual Metallurgy budget that supports the plant’s capacity plan
- Reduce variance, improve analysis and provide accurate and timely financial forecasts on a monthly basis
- Coordinate the quality assurance and control of products for the manufacturing unit including delagating responsibility
- Embed a work environment and culture with a strong focus on rewarding performance
Key Benefits Include
- Ability to impact change
- Long-term Job Security
- Professional Development
- Promotion from within culture
- Strong safety culture
- VISA Sponsorship available
- Attractive international relocation package
About your experience
Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated leadership experience in Coke Ovens – Blast Furnace (with PCI) manufacturing businesses alongside sound understanding of manufacturing and improvement processes methodologies and product requirements. You will also operate with a ‘continuous improvement’ mindset on operational excellence and innovation.
Holding yourself and others accountable for high performance, you also have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification – degree in metallurgical engineering (preferable) and/or materials science discipline.
- Demonstrated capability in managing budgets and cost
- Six-Sigma trained alongside applied working knowledge
- Previous experience in Process Technical Management for a manufacturing asset
- A drive to build the capability of your teams including providing constructive and timely feedback
- Engineering and manufacturing process knowledge essential
About our team
GFG Alliance Australia operates an end to end mining, steel, construction and energy business. With over 160 sites and more than 6700 people, we provide steel for Australia’s leading infrastructure projects.
A member of the GFG Alliance group, Liberty Primary Steel is located at Whyalla, South Australia, approximately 400 kilometres north-west of Adelaide. We operate an integrated steelworks including steel making, blast furnace, coke oven and rolling mill facilities. Producing billet for rolling in Liberty Steel and other manufacturing sites and for export, together with rail and structural steel products. We look for exceptional talent from a broad range of backgrounds, to bring high energy and drive innovation. We foster a culture where people and the business can flourish and develop.
Why consider Whyalla? Located on Eyre Peninsula’s Spencer Gulf in South Australia, Whyalla is an important hub and the region’s biggest city for retail shopping. Whyalla boasts a warm climate, accessible ocean shores and saltwater fishing. Whyalla is well served with educational facilities where students can gain a quality education from primary school to university without leaving the City.
To view more of what Whyalla has to offer visit www.whyalla.com
We are committed to uncompromising levels of safety, strong customer centricity and diversity. Wherever they are in the world, our people are our greatest asset. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: 23,216.86Ft – 159,578.85Ft per month