Mechanical Fitter – New Zealand
GE Renewable Energy
Auckland City, Auckland, New Zealand
Job Description Summary
The mechanical fitter will play a key role in the execution of site works on hydro power station projects, ensuring that time, cost, quality, EHS objectives and all customer objectives are met.
This is a site-based role with work primarily based in New Zealand, however work in Australia and other overseas locations may be required.
Roles and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertake mechanical fitting duties on GE Hydro Service Oceania projects, in accordance with GE procedures, and contract requirements.
- Ensure services are performed in compliance to the Safety & Environmental Management Plan.
- Ensure services are performed in compliance with the Project Execution & Quality Plan.
- Ensure GE policies and procedures are applied and complied with on assigned projects.
- Implement measures to reduce hazards and eliminate unsafe acts.
- Report any EHS incidents.
To be successful in this role, you would possess:
- Outstanding safety ethic and unwavering customer focus
- Mechanical Trade or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 5 years experience in hydropower electro-mechanical field services i.e. maintenance, installation, refurbishment and commissioning
- Flexible approach to all aspects of site activities
- Willingness and ability to travel to and work on projects mainly within Australia and New Zealand, with the possibility of other overseas projects as required
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
#LI-Remote – This is a remote position