Lead On-Site Services Gas Specialists | Relocation Assistance Provided
GE Gas Power
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Job Description Summary
The Gas Specialist will have technical knowledge and experience working with GE/Alstom and oOEM turbines. He/she is responsible for the leading and performing on-site machining of major rotating equipment components. In addition, you will set up and operate a variety of manual and numerically controlled machine tools.
Essential functions and responsibilities
The general tasks and responsibilities of a Gas Specialist includes, but not limited to the following:
- Lead ST Bladers and Machinists on on-site machining and ST blading activities.
- Liaison with Engineering on findings and reports.
- Operate Faro Laser Tracker and interpret its readings.
- Operate a Boring Bar, CNC, Lathe and Milling Machine.
- Perform and Lead On-Line Water Wash, GT Casing alignments, ST TOTO alignments, Coupling honing, ST Bucket replacement and Feathering, Bore Plug repair and more related GT/ST machining and repairing scopes.
- Perform maintenance of clean work areas, tooling and equipment.
- Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment.
- Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality.
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards.
- Deliver expectations on EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety), Quality, On-Time Delivery, Productivity and Cost Reduction.
- Completes mandatory trainings.
- Ensures proper documentation as specified on Test & Inspection Plans and Work instructions.
- Notifies non-conformances and tags/segregates non-conforming items.
- Ensures equipment calibration, proper usage of equipment and right material incorporated.
- Plan and prepare erection work including necessary tools and consumables.
- System walk downs, inspection of carried out work and handover within requirements.
- Coordinates with the SM, Lead FE or customer on status of work.
- Plans, prepares and records additional work as requested.
- Attends meeting as required.
- Maintains daily turnover report with all relevant information regarding non-compliances, work tasks, improvements, contractual issues, delays, working time, etc.
- Must be willing to travel globally on short notice, and for extended periods of time during outage seasons; and the willingness to work weekly schedules that are not uniform on a day-to-day basis.
- Can demonstrate the ability to evaluate and mitigate safety risks before beginning task/work.
- To understand the importance of quality and error prevention when planning and executing work tasks
- Stay abreast of new technologies and test procedures within the organization and continually expand certifications and competencies.
- Knows how to properly fill out required inspection and repair documentation.
- Create and maintain a personal commitment to EHS (safety) compliance, quality, and outage schedule.
- 15+ years’ experience on power generation equipment, out of which a minimum of 10 years’ experience on GE/Alstom and oOEM Turbines machining and repair.
- Ability to work according to a time schedule and meet deadlines accordingly.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to handle complex work-packages.
- Ability to work in different countries and cultures.
- Able to understand/read technical work instructions in English.
- Able to communicate in English.
- Good negotiation and communications skills.
- Willing to train other persons according to the requirements (OJT).
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize, and work in a team of Onsite Service Crew.
- Work effectively with minimal direction and supervision.
- Willingness and ability to travel for work globally on short notice and for extended periods of time, including weekends and holidays. This position requires 70 – 80% travel.
- Strong team player with leader attributes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong desire to learn and adapt.
- Able to cope with emergent request and respond fast.
- Knowledge in different GT/ST Machining Scopes.
- Willingness to coach others.
- Strong team player.
- Possess a can-do attitude.
- Constantly being agile and flexible on assignment requirements.
- Willingness for additional responsibilities.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes