Riyadh, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Requisition ID: 258356
- Relocation Authorized: National – Single
- Telework Type: Full-Time Office/Project
- Work Location: Riyadh
Project Information: Saudi Arabian Military Industries (SAMI) is a national holding company owned 100% by the Public Investment Fund (PIF), a sovereign wealth fund owned by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). SAMI was established in May 2017 to develop the military industrial infrastructure necessary to help the Saudi Vision 2030 aim of localizing military spending to at least 50% by the end of the decade. It commenced operations in January 2018. SAMI is working with numerous Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and local contractors to establish the military industrial infrastructure across the Kingdom. It is organized into 5 Divisions: Aeronautics, Defense Electronics, Land Systems, Weapons & Missiles and Emerging Technologies; Naval interests are covered within the Weapons & Missiles portfolio. Bechtel was contracted in August 2020 to provide a Facility Management Team (FMT) to develop and implement a Facility Masterplan to help align SAMI`s programs. This has led to the opportunity to provide a Project Management/Construction Management (PM/CM) team (approximately 90 strong) to manage the design and construction of a major military industrial facility near Riyadh over the next 3-4 years.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Bechtel team require an IT Support Lead (Identified as an IT Helpdesk Technician by PIF) reporting to the Project IT Applications Manager.
- Setup a new Bechtel Office network in Saudi Arabia for a team of 60 Bechtel in coordination with Bechtel teams.
- Liaise with Bechtel team to identify requirements and develop project deliverables including
- Automation plan
- Disaster Recovery plan
- Mobilization – Imaging and provision of Bechtel computers, mobile phones and Microsoft 2FA
- Deskside Support – Help users connect to the network, printers, file server, SharePoint and resolve any technical issues across project sites
- Defines IT scopes for procurement
- Manage IT assets in ServiceNow and IT stockrooms
- Setup of network printers & MFD’s
- Works closely and in coordination with SAMI (client) IT
- Works closely with local Saudi suppliers and vendors
- Coordinates with corporate Bechtel support teams
- Network deployment – Deployment of routers and switches and associated patching as offices expand.
- Manage users in Active directory, ServiceNow and BECIMS (Bechtel Identity management system)
- SharePoint site administration and support
- Deployment of AV systems, including Microsoft Teams videoconference endpoints, and support for meetings.
- Develops IT reports, dashboards and automates workflows as required.
- Provides input to technical scopes of work for contractors.
- Recommends process improvement solutions
- Implementation of Bechtel Business Line and Project applications
- Development of IT support guides and delivers user training
- Adhere to Corporate, Bechtel Business Line and Project IT procedures, standards, and security requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
- Minimum 2-4 years demonstrated experience providing IT support with a proven ability to setup and support hardware, peripheral devices, software, and operating systems
- Experience of mid-scale PM/CM projects in the Middle East would be beneficial
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, coordination skills with project, customer, peer groups (within and outside IS&T), and related stakeholders.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Microsoft MCSE or Cisco CCNA qualification
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certified
- Fluent English speaking
- Arabic desirable
- Bechtel experience is desirable