Head of Secondary (Relocation Allowance)
Paid relocation jobs in United Arab Emirates
Sunmarke School in UAE
Imagine schools with a variety of educational pathways where the skills of achievement, such as literacy, critical thinking, numeracy, discipline and work ethic are taught alongside the skills of wellbeing, such as confidence, contentment, kindness, gratitude, health, and love. Welcome to Fortes Education, Dubai. We have been delivering high-quality education provision to young people for over two decades.
Our Positive Education schools foster active engagement in learning and activities. We celebrate positive emotions and accomplishments, encourage students to cultivate fulfilling relationships with others and to seek meaning and purpose in their own lives
Judged by the Dubai School Inspection Bureau (DSIB) as a ‘Very Good’ School in our 3rd year of operation, we set high standards and expectations for each pupil in academics and in co-curricular participation.
Our high-impact learning programme lays a strong foundation that develops each pupil’s multiple intelligences through a broad range of activities in and out of the classroom.
Our commitment is to provide a premium world-class “positive” education, which empowers our pupils to become innovative thinkers, socially confident life-long learners, having growth mindsets and character strengths, to flourish in an ever-changing world.
We present an exciting opportunity to join our all through school and to play an important part in our journey to “outstanding”. Sunmarke School, Dubai is one of our flag-ship schools, located at a prime location in Jumeirah Village Triangle. Sunmarke offers a fantastic range of pathways for students including the NCE, GCSE/IGCSE, ‘A’ Levels, BTEC and the IB Diploma and Career-Related Programmes.
This is an opportunity for a leader within education to join an ambitious, innovative, and cutting-edge school group as Head of Secondary, responsible for leading & growing the Secondary department at Sunmarke School.
The Head of Secondary will be responsible for academic standards, delivery, and attainment via the provision of leadership, vision, and strategic direction for the Secondary department. In line with the school’s PosEd ethos, the Head of Secondary will work with the Executive Principal to create innovative and expansive opportunities for learning, that drive students to the highest levels of student achievement and personal wellbeing.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- is a dedicated & innovative leader with the ability to motivate and inspire others with clear and decisive leadership
- has a successful track record of sustained improvement and a determination to maximise all opportunities available
- will be highly motivated and driven, having an in-depth knowledge of excellence in secondary education with a commitment to sustain and accelerate progress in raising standards of teaching and learning
- drives the development of a curriculum and learning and teaching that both engages and challenges children of differing levels of ability and diverse cultural backgrounds
- can further support a learning community in which children flourish emotionally, socially, and academically and have fun whilst doing so!
- will have a ‘can-do’ attitude that will motivate and engage students, staff, and the wider community.
- has personal and professional integrity; is professional, visible, and approachable with resilience to meet the day to day challenges of headship
- is forward-thinking and flexible to adapt to the changing educational landscape
- has outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- can build a strong rapport with pupils, parents, staff, Board of Directors, and the wider community
- Excellent tax-free salary
- Furnished Accommodation
- Relocation Allowance
- Medical Insurance for self, spouse & up to 2 minor dependents
- Annual Air-Ticket for self, spouse & up to 2 minor dependents
- Free child spaces at a Fortes School or Nursery for up to 2 minor dependents
- State-of-the-art facilities and amenities in a newly built campus in a prime location in Dubai
- An enthusiastic learning community of students, teachers, parents, and Board members, who are dedicated to maximising student achievement for each child, and to create positive learning opportunities in and out of the classroom
- Working within a team of highly driven and supportive colleagues
- Excellent professional development
- Working in Dubai, one of the world’s most sought after work and travel destinations
This is an excellent opportunity for a well-qualified, experienced and innovative educational leader to
work with the Executive Principal to build on a strong foundation and to ensure Sunmarke makes
rapid strides in its journey to excellence.
Candidates are invited to complete our Online Application by visiting:
Appointment Start Date: January / April 2021
Closing Date: 20th September 2020
Longlisting: Long listing interviews will take place from 21st – 24th September 2020
Successful candidates will be invited to attend an Online Assessment Centre & Final Interview on 26th – 27th September 2020.
Fortes Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including a satisfactory International Child Protection Certificate, plus resident country Police checks.