Global Mobility Specialist MENA, AVP
Job Req ID 21327489
Primary Location Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job Category Human Resources
The Global Mobility Senior Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area.
Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business.
Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple E of information.
Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Excellent communication and diplomacy skills are required.
Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization.
Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Contributes country-specific insight into mobility initiatives, such as annual housing allowance reviews, hardship allowance reviews and the review of policy exceptions.
- Provides high quality and efficient mobility support to employees and business managers, build relationships with Global Mobility NY, and the other country Mobility Coordinators to ensure seamless mobility support within regions and globally.
- Advises Managers, HR and employees on all mobility programs (Expatriate, Local-to-Local and Short-term assignments, as well as any rotational programs) and provide support with selection of the appropriate mobility package.
- Counsels on a broad range of mobility topics such as payroll, benefits, taxes, immigration and relocation.
- Prepares cost projections/relocation estimates for HR for review and approval. Overview – support country coordinators of various services for all mobility programs which may include but not limited to: securing visas/work permits, finding a home, school enrolment requirements, destination services and relocation (dependent on package entitlements).
- Conducts expatriate briefing sessions to review allowances and other benefits of the program and other details specific to the location.
- Acts in an advisory capacity supporting HR for briefings with local-to-local transfers and short-term assignees.
- Prepare expatriate documentation such as Expatriate Assignment Letter and Compensation Summary.
- Ensures Expatriate records are processed to Expatriate Payroll in a timely manner following Citi’s process and using Global Mobility’s systems.
- Acts as the primary contact for Expatriate employees for on-going support throughout their assignment.
- Responsible for coordinating with external provider or country Mobility Coordinators the Relocation support at the start and during short term assignments.
- Delivers subject matter expertise on all mobility policies.
- Is available to answer questions on an “as needed” basis.
- Maintains all required records, including the Expatriate Payroll with any changes to an Expatriate’s record.
- Ensures timely reporting of locally paid Expatriate expenses to ensure Citi’s compliance with taxing authorities’ requirements.
- Coordinates with GM NY and country Mobility Coordinators the local payroll staff with information required for tax purposes/pension.
- Manages the performance of mobility vendors/service providers.
- Partners with HR partners on end of expatriate assignment responsibilities, including localization, termination, and repatriation.
- Responsible for following the “Mobility Coordinators Training Handbook” and participating in training offered to support the role.
- Responsible to manage end to end the Local to Local processes – work ups, obtain relocation approvals.
- Responsible to manage the relocation process for rotational programs including but not limited GEMAs, CITIzens,D1-D3 and others.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Excellent team player. Good interpersonal skills. Good communication skills with employees at all levels. Excellent customer service skills. Sense of ownership and pro-activity. Ability to fully utilize technology resources.
- 5-8 years of experience
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting