Food Security and Livelihood Advisor – relocation assistance
Paid relocation jobs in Norway:
Norwegian People’s Aid
The vision of Norwegian People’s Aid is Solidarity in Action. We are a politically independent membership-based organisation working in Norway and in more than 30 countries around the world.
Founded in 1939 as the labour movement’s humanitarian solidarity organisation, NPA aims to improve people’s living conditions and to create societies that are more just and more democratic.
NPA’s international work covers three core areas: Mine Action and Disarmament, Democratisation and Just distribution of power and resources and Humanitarian Action and Crises response.
The Development and Humanitarian Cooperation-department of Norwegian People’s Aid supports local organisations across the world, in their efforts to create societies where power and resources are distributed more fairly.
NPA works with local partner organisations in humanitarian response, and uses its own operational capacity as a leading mine action operator to provide protection against explosive weapons. Where there are few viable local alternatives for urgent response, we also provide direct humanitarian assistance
As a part of NPA’s strategy for 2020-2023 the organization has decided to strengthen and expand its work within the areas of Food Security and Livelihood (FSL).
To help us take this ambition forward we are looking for a FSL Advisor with solid humanitarian field experience and ability to provide technical support to NPA’s FSL programmes.
The successful candidate will be a part of the Programme support section in the Departent for Development and Humanitarian Cooperation in Oslo and work closely with country programmes as well as other technical and geographical advisors to support new and ongoing responses.
The FSL Advisor will be responsible for providing technical support to NPA country programme staff and partners in order to successfully design and implement high quality food security and livelihoods programs including providing surge support for new humanitarian FSL programs and supporting ongoing emergency preparedness and capacity strengthening to NPA country programmes and partners. The FSL Advisor will also be responsible for supporting cash transfer programming.
- Guide NPA’s thinking on Food Security and Livelihood activities, climate smart agriculture programs, cash-based programming and formulate strategies and recommendations for responsible, disaster risk reduction, recovery and long term development.
- Provide guidance to country programmes and international departments on integrating of Food Security, Livelihoods, climate smart agriculture into other sectors as appropriate.
- Conduct initial sector-specific assessments and make technical recommendations for appropriate programming, both for initial disaster response phase and for longer-term disaster risk reduction or rebuilding of livelihoods.
- Assist in the development of, or provide technical review of proposals to ensure that proposed activities and programs align with best practice in the food security and livelihoods sector and conform to internationally accepted standards and country guidelines
- With country focal points, ensure the establishment and strengthening of food security and livelihoods monitoring activities and linking food security and livelihoods early warning for the prevention of malnutrition.
- Build the capacity of country-based staff and partners on market-based approaches in food and livelihood security programming and on innovative food security and livelihood intervention approaches.
- Provide technical support to track, improve the quality and performance of food security and livelihoods programs with a focus on integration with other sectors, deepening impact, building resilience and enhancing outcomes??
- Provide technical leadership in the programme/project/ proposal development process
- Coordinate NPA’s Food Security and Livelihoods response, recovery, and development activities across a wide range of actors including internally, with donors, local partners and international stakeholders to ensure consistency of programming.
- Provide food security and livelihood surge support including deploying to conduct assessments, developing appropriate response, and starting up life-saving food security and livelihood activities.
- Actively represent NPA and serve as the technical resource person on food security and livelihoods sector networks, technical Working Groups and the global Food Security Cluster.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To be succesfull in this role you must have:
- University degree in Social Sciences or a Food Security and Livelihoods related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years humanitarian experience, including at least 2 years field experience
- Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation and management of FSL programmes in an international development/humanitarian context
- Proven experience of working with local civil society partners
- Ability to work across sectors including GBV, Protection, MEL, and support functions.
- Experience in conducting assessments, designing and implementing food assistance as well as cash transfers in crisis-affected communities
- Experience in working with donors such as NMFA, ECHO, EU, SIDA and other private donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to travel internationally up to 30% of the time to provide technical assistance to country programmes.
This position requires technical knowledge, work experience and capacity strengthening experience in areas affected by conflict or where humanitarian response programming was taking place.
In return we offer:A two year temporary position with possibility for extension, where you can contribute to the development of NPA’s humanitarian work globally in an interesting and challenging work environment. You will be covered by a comprehensive and good pension and insurance scheme. We also offer 5 weeks of annual holiday and flexible working hours, plus reduced working hours between May 15th-September 15th.
The position is based centrally in Oslo, and we offer relocation assistance with regards to working visa.
Salary step 35-50: 423.522 – 566.034 NOK depending on your education and relevant experience.
Start-date as soon as possible.
NPA strives for diversity and gender equality, and encourage candidates of all nationalities, backgrounds and gender to apply.
We aim for an inclusive working environment where all employees feel respected and supported. In addition, we are continuously working towards reducing our environmental impact in all our interventions.
Before you apply:We kindly ask you to carefully read NPA’s Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy and Anti-Corruption Policy before you submit your application. If you are the selected candidate for this position you will be asked to complete and sign a Safeguarding self-declaration as well as our Code of Conduct.
For more information about NPA, please see our website at https://www.npaid.org/Our-Work/Development-Cooperation or visit us on Facebook or Twitter.
Please apply online as instructed on this website. Due to capacity reasons we are only able to process applications sent through our recruitment portal.