English Service Desk Associate
Job Description Summary
We are looking for an English Service Desk Associate to provide enterprise-level assistance to our end user employees. If you’re naturally a helper, have a strong customer orientation and enjoy assisting people with computer issues whilst explaining technical details simply, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will be a person our employees trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
We are looking for a Service Desk Associate to provide enterprise-level assistance to our end user employees. If you?re naturally a helper, have a strong customer orientation and enjoy assisting people with computer issues whilst explaining technical details simply, we?d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will be a person our employees trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
The goal is to create a seamless, positive experience for our employees that in turn enables them to serve our external customers and the businesses they support.
In this role, you will:
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our employees install applications and programs. Identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Own issues through resolution within agreed time limits, or to the point of escalation
- Resolve network issues, configure operating systems and use remote desktop connections to provide immediate support.
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they?ve solved a technical issue. You will use email, text and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues.
- For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone, text or chat and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues and outcomes are properly logged within the ticket management system
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain positive relationships with clients
- High School Diploma. A minimum 0 years of professional experience.
- Degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering is desired
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments desired
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, SKYPE and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Tech savvy with familiarity in remote desktop applications and help desk software (e.g. Zendesk, BOLD 360, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
Relocation Assistance Provided: No