Engineering Team Lead (international work visa sponsorship is available)
Relocation jobs in Canada:
Toronto, ON, Canada
Disrupting sports & conservation: patent-pending crowd-guided camera tech
Brizi is the global pioneer of crowd-guided camera technologies.
We are the trusted choice of leading sports venues, with clients including the US Open and within the NBA and NHL. Our technology has been deployed in over 12 countries around the world.
During the pandemic, Brizi also launched Zoolife.tv – the world’s first virtual zoo, with interactive animal streams 24/7, hosted by experts worldwide.
Brizi has a proven track record for building world-class consumer technologies that deliver delight. Today, Brizi is headquartered in Liberty Village, and is backed by top tech investors in Boston.
THIS JOB INVOLVES providing technical leadership and engineering oversight across our engineering team, and working in collaboration with our CTO & Co-Founder:
• Being central to the company’s long-term success through leadership of product engineering and delivery. You’ll help communicate company vision, initiatives, and focuses to build team alignment all while amplifying a great team culture.
• Leading and setting standards for engineering specific activities such as code reviews, code delivery, code quality, tool/technology selection, product deployment / release; responsible for team velocity and product performance, uptime, costs, and delivery timelines.
• Coaching, managing, and growing the team with a balance of autonomy and accountability; allocating and providing the team with resources required to deliver, and driving continuous improvement in engineering initiatives.
• Most recently an Engineering Leader of a product startup having successfully delivered products to market; with a minimum of 7 years of software engineering experience, at least 3 of which where you managed engineers.
• Recently hands-on and very comfortable with Node.js and React; worked with MongoDB, Redis, C++, Python, AWS; a plus would be familiarity with OpenCV, ffmpeg, streaming protocols (RTMP, WebRTC), Ansible, and/or PTZ cameras.
• Experienced facilitating rapid learning cycles; a veteran to startup product development, an excellent problem solver who can make sound decisions based on limited data/info.
• A strong communicator and listener who is effective at building team alignment, translating business/design requirements into technical requirements, and project managing including prioritizing and scoping.
• Energized to be a mentor and coach to those around you through giving & receiving feedback, with proven results in elevating the teams you’ve managed.
• Located in the greater Toronto area or open to re-locate (international work visa sponsorship is available for this role)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM BRIZI
• Pursuit of interesting and challenging work within a collaborative culture and vibrant team, who punch above our weight
• Being pivotal in the most exciting earlier stages of a market-defining product focused on bringing joy to users
• Flexible work location and vacation policy with comprehensive extended health benefits for you and your family (prescriptions, dental, vision, physio, mental health counselling, etc..)
• Easily accessible office in Liberty Village, equipped with a hardware space, showers, a lounge, games room, wellness room, a massage chair, and a friendly office pup
• Participation in the upside of our growth, with generous stock options in the business.