Design Engineers – Relocate to New Zealand – Auckland
Auckland City, Auckland, New Zealand
Full Job Description
If you’d love a career with a business that appreciates the unique capabilities and perspectives of each employee, and which values the safety and well-being of its people and the environment, then check out our many opportunities below.
Note: We do not accept random or speculative résumés / CVs via email. All applications must come via a formal job advertisement, like those shown below.
Note: If you receive a job offer to join us and you have NOT had an interview with our Human Resources team, then please disregard it. It is a scam.
- Design Engineering
- Permanent / Full Time
Are you keen to relocate to beautiful New Zealand and join the McConnell Dowell family to help deliver our high-profile projects across the water, marine, and rail sectors?
Having recently been awarded high-profile and complex projects across Auckland, we’re seeking temporary works Design Engineers with a range of experience in civil engineering.
What’s on offer:
- An opportunity to grow your career in a diverse and inclusive organisation.
- We’ll help you move across the globe with relocation assistance including flights, temporary accommodation, and relocation of household goods and personal effects.
- Full immigration support to manage the visa application for you and your family (if applicable).
- Work for an internationally recognised company with an impeccable reputation for completing complex and iconic infrastructure projects.
About the role
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the role is responsible for providing support to the design team across multi-disciplined civil engineering projects ranging from infrastructure, rail, marine, and water throughout the entire project cycle from tender to execution.
- Temporary works design in accordance with the requirements of the projects or tenders
- Coordination and supervision of external engineering consultancies ensuring all design management procedures are met
- Analysing project requirements from tender documents to conform with construction schedules, monitoring status of planning, safety, environmental, and quality activities
- Preparing documentation and presentation material
- Compliance with legal, codes, and standards, and safety and environmental responsibilities
- Promote total job safety and environmental awareness
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications and eligibility for membership with a professional engineering organization and charter ship
- Minimum 5 years experience, in the construction industry with a focus on heavy civil, pipelines, marine, bridge building, and rail
- Proficiency in New Zealand and international codes and standards relating to structural and civil engineering and risk and contingency assessment
- Strong oral and written presentation ability linked with proven ability to build relationships
- Collaborative team player, ability to lead, organize and motivate others
- Competent in the use of MS Office, MS Project
McConnell Dowell is the Creative Construction Company for customers who want to build better communities through safe, smart, efficient infrastructure. For over 60 years, we have built thousands of quality assets for our customers and communities across New Zealand, the Pacific Islands, Australia, and Southeast Asia.
Our purpose of ‘providing a better life’ and values – Safety & Care; Honesty & Integrity; Customer Focus’ Performance Excellence and Working Together – are part of our identity and help to attract the best and brightest in our field. Our culture is founded on expertise, creativity, and progressive thinking.
New Zealand and Pacific projects include the Pukekohe WWTP, Warkworth to Snell’s Transfer Line Pump Station, Old Mangere Bridge Replacement, and the Australian Defence Force Pacific Port Upgrade Project.
McConnell Dowell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, who actively embraces culture and workplace that is diverse and reflective of the communities and geographic environs we serve