Department Manager (relocation support)
Paid relocation jobs in Hungary:
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets.
To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Department Manager to join us at the Székesfehérvár site of the IBM Client Innovation Centre.
The incumbent will be managing a department of 30+ employees.
The department manager will have the responsibility to:
- Share information and assign work to employees while ensuring to link the goals of the department and organisation to IBM’s strategy and market performance.
- Simplify complex goals and help individuals and teams to align priorities with IBM’s strategic direction.
- Assign individuals and collaborate with other leaders to allocate employee resources in a manner that best meets IBM, project/account, and individual development needs.
- Accept accountability for business results including meeting client satisfaction, productivity, financial, and other business measurements.
- Lead or participate in organization planning, providing leadership and support to ensure that business objectives are met.
– Foster teamwork and inclusion across organizations, cultures and geographies – and promote IBM’s diversity and inclusive leadership and IBM Values. Support activities and projects involving cross-functional teams which contribute to IBM success.
- Provide employees feedback to improve performance. Establish clear performance expectations and hold people accountable for results. Recognize contributions by employees and teams.
- Lead by example in all activities. Lead in a manner that enhances IBM’s climate and business results.
- Support change, encourage employees to innovate, evaluate suggestions, and remove obstacles to implementation.
- Assure employee equity and encourage employee growth and opportunity.
- Advise and coach employees to help them develop their skills and capabilities to best meet their career desires and current or future business needs.
- Execute processes for the normal operation of employee programs. Analyze and interpret new situations. Resolve complex problems independently or through the management of others.
- People Manager job role has considerable latitude in responsibilities to define and determine processes, priorities and resources following general business unit, country or regional directives.
What we can offer:
Health/insurance related benefits (private health insurance, pension plan contribution, life insurance)
Flexible benefit elements (SZÉP card, School Support, Local Travel Pass)
Commuting and relocation support
Special discounts with IBM card
Development and career opportunities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3 years experience in Manager role
- Experience in IT
- English: Fluent
- Good communication skill
- Strong Organization skill
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5 years experience in IT management
About Business UnitThis position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what’s next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion?
Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action.
IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.
IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.