Data Engineer (paid relocation)
Paid relocation jobs in Spain
Job reference: 2615
My Client who is one of the leading big data analytics provider for financial services is looking for a Computer Scientist Engineer with experience in infrastructure and cloud computing to join their team in Marbella.
You will be participating in the maintenance/development of internal infrastructure as well as the process of data evaluation and monitoring.
You will interact with peers across various lines of business and technical teams to support projects that will span big data analysis and product development among others
The ability to communicate effectively in English both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement. European Union legal working status is required. Relocation assistance available.
- Participate in the maintenance and development of the internal Infrastructure.
- Process and analyze large datasets to evaluate them at different levels.
- Monitor analytics to detect unexpected patterns and potential miss behaviour.
- Participate in the development of new products shaping the future of the financial industry.
- Acquire sophisticated knowledge of Big Data applications across various asset classes and trading horizons.
- Interact with fun and interesting colleagues across different departments in the organization.
- Bachelor´s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficiency and demonstrable skills in statistical software R and database language SQL
- Knowledge of AWS services (Aurora/Redshift/Athena/S3…).
- Experience in report generation, producing statistical summaries and ad-hoc research analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical mind with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience with Time Series Analysis
- Master/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Experience working with large data sets, or noisy data would be an advantage
What’s in it for you?
- Flexibility on when to take a vacation, but remember you will be living in a dream place 365 days!
- An international and diverse team of talented professionals.
- Competitive compensation, ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- International and dynamic environment (over 29 nationalities and 24 languages spoken!)
- Beach just in front of our office. If you need a break, cross the street and go for a walk!