Curriculum / Academic Coordinator (relocation assistance to Vietnam)
Paid relocatioin jobs in Vietnam
The International Tutor Group (ITG), Ho Chi Minh City, is offering a very exciting Academic / Curriculum Coordinator position in our core management team.
The primary responsibility will be to provide academic guidance and management for our team of highly skilled and dedicated tutors, as well as to develop our services to ensure we continue to deliver the highest standards of curriculum support and student progression.
Additionally, you will represent the centre to our growing community of parents and help develop our reputation as the leading provider of international tutoring support in Vietnam.
The role would be ideally suited to someone keen to take on new responsibilities in their career development, or to gain valuable insights into the commercial aspects of international education.
Working in such a small and intimate company setting, you would be exposed to all levels of the commercial operations in our fast-growing organisation.
ITG is a British run Educational Consultancy and Tutoring Centre offering academic support for international school students, specialising in the Cambridge IGCSE and the International Baccalaureate.
We’re a small, friendly centre run by experienced UK teachers with about 25 tutors and 250 students. We work mostly 1-1 and in small groups.
Alongside expert academic guidance, our tutoring model prioritises a mentoring approach that puts the whole child at the centre of the process.
Our tutors make lasting and effective relationships with their students which they use to build self-confidence and real enjoyment in learning, alongside improving academic results.
We are looking for an expert in education with some years of experience delivering a British or international curriculum and management experience developing a small team.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a deep passion for education as well as a track record for ensuring the highest quality provision of curriculum support across a department or centre.
They will be an excellent people-person, with an enthusiastic outlook and the ability to provide support and implement guidelines clearly across their team.
They will also be resilient to change and relish working in an international environment where they can identify and implement new opportunities in our fast-growing centre.
Our study centre is located in a leafy suburb that is popular with expatriates and just a short hop from the city centre. We believe there has never been a better time to be in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City).
Drenched in history and cultural interest, Saigon is a city in the midst of transformation as it bursts into the 21st Century. New skyscrapers, hip international bars and buzzing arts venues appear on an almost weekly basis.
This is set amongst both the gorgeous last vestiges of a sleepy French Colonial feel and the utterly distinctive quality of Saigonese street-life.
The minimum contract term is 2 years and the start date is early August 2020. We are offering a generous package that includes a competitive salary, flights, health insurance and administrative support with organising every aspect of your relocation.
If that sounds appealing or if you’d like to know more, please send your CV and a covering letter to me at [email protected] Please also see our website for more details of what we do: www.itgvietnam.edu.vn.
– Tutor Team management – overall management of the tutor team as well as direct line management of 3 existing Principal Tutors who take management roles over different departments.
– Training – responsibility for overseeing training and development of the tutor team, as well as student planning and reporting processes.
– Client management and overview – delivering initial client meetings and follow-up support. Ensuring clients are happy and well-catered to from an academic perspective.
- Development of academic services provision and identification of new opportunities.
- Key role in management team, sharing and implementing ideas for the development of centre practices as a whole.
– Resources management – textbooks, materials, lesson plans and accompanying resources.
- Reduced personal teaching timetable.
The Ideal Candidate:
- PGCE / Masters in Education
- 4+ years teaching experience
– Previous Academic / Curriculum Coordinator experience – Head of Key Stage, IBDP Coordinator, Head or 2nd in Subject, or Pastoral experience
- Management experience (possibly not in a school environment)
- Extensive experience in UK National Curricula / international curricula: IB / IGCSE / Primary
- Bachelor Degree in relevant tutoring subject area (Maths, English, Sciences, Primary Education preferred)
- 5 years professional experience (not necessarily in schools)
- Ability to make excellent, empathetic relationships with young people in a personal, 1-1 environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work closely and collaboratively in a small team
- Enthusiasm, confidence, and resilience in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to manage a team and deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to take on feedback constructively and adapt to changing conditions
- Flexibility, initiative, and ability to work independently
- Competitive salary
- International health insurance
- Return flights start / end contract
- Friendly, close-knit centre run by British teachers
- Social events regularly organised and a new staff welcoming program provided
- Admin support to assist with all areas of the transition to Vietnam