Communications Specialist – Middle East
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values.
We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We have an opportunity for a Communications Specialist to join The Boeing Company team and help us tell our story in the Middle East.
Based out of Riyadh the role will be responsible for supporting our business units and enterprise priorities by promoting Boeing’s products and services across our region, highlighting Boeing’s work in the community and ensuring media and other stakeholders have access to up to date information.
The role holder will be responsible for multi-channel internal and external communications and work with business partners and stakeholders to plan and execute on established communication goals and priorities.
Summary of Accountabilities:
- Focus markets: Saudi Arabia and Middle East
- Update and maintain websites
- Excellent storytelling and content creation for different audiences and mediums (traditional and social)
- Coordinate all internal communications and employee engagement plans (Employee updates/news alerts, internal newsletters (Boeing News), functional updates, office requirements and others).
- Support creative services, advertising planning and creative, branding and photography deliverables, including coordinating with external suppliers and internal teams when needed.
- Provide communication support to critical business unit campaigns, milestones and activities in region.
- Help maintain, update and share external documents and backgrounders
- Support executive visits to the region including organizing media, employee engagement activities, and drafting briefing papers.
- Support external engagement activities; conferences and speaker opportunities
- Support Boeing participation at events and shows, focusing on communications, branding and marketing activities that will help tell our story and amplify our presence. This will include media relations, social media activity, and sponsorship activities.
- Support preparation of infographics, videos, photos, speeches and presentations.
- Promote awareness around Boeing Global Community Engagement activities in the region.
Other Communications responsibilities:
- Ability to learn and work on Boeing internal contracting & payment systems.
- Maintain a structured repository of current communications plans, latest Q&A documents, customers and stakeholder database, photo and video library, executive bios, country overviews, backgrounders etc
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (word, excel, power point, outlook)
- Good interpersonal skills. Able to communicate well with different stakeholder groups.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; ability to deliver results under tight deadlines, yet with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player. Takes initiative, is proactive, collaborative, flexible and good at problem solving.
- Candidate must be willing to work outside office hours to support the international nature of the business. Some regional and international travel will be required.
- A minimum of 6 years related experience
- Experience with Salesforce, Photoshop and Adobe Premier (or any video editing capability) would be an advantage
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.- based payroll, and will commensurate with experience and qualifications and be in accordance with applicable KSA law. Employment is subject to the candidate s ability to satisfy all KSA labor and immigration formalities.