Civil & Structural Engineers – Australia Relocation Opportunities
Sydney NSW, Australia
Full Job Description
About McConnell Dowell
McConnell Dowell is the Creative Construction company – we pride ourselves on being an Engineering-led industry leader.
Founded over 60 years ago, we are not just driving but reimagining the future of infrastructure progress in Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands and South East Asia.
About the role
McConnell Dowell Constructors (Aust.) Pty Ltd are currently recruiting for experienced Site, Project and Senior Project Engineers to join our team located in Sydney, New South Wales.
If you’re looking to join a company that encourages our people to think outside the box, influence change through great ideas and continuous improvement, this role would be ideal for you.
Some of the responsibilities of our Site, Project and Senior Project Engineers include:
- Coordinating with Managers and Superintendents on Engineering, temporary works, scheduling and status of the project.
- Providing reports related to manpower, progress and cost.
- Providing general technical assistance to supervisory staff.
- Interpret engineering documents and drawings for field personnel.
- Participate in bid evaluation of subcontract tenders.
- Preparing reports on progress, manpower and costs and coordinate the work scheduling and procurement.
- Monitoring and coordinating the preparation maintenance and change of construction schedules, methods, manning charts and equipment requirements. Advise on actions to be taken to prevent or improve undesirable trends in progress.
- Ensure the currency and accuracy of information for schedules and reports, provide timely submission of reports and project schedules.
- Ensure temporary works designs and fabrication are verified prior to use of the specific item.
- Carry out progressive engineering audits of temporary works in accordance with the audit schedule.
- Monitor assigned off-site and site works progress and cost and advise the project of any deviations from the planned progress.
- Control fabrication and field construction engineering and schedules for overall programs.
- Perform technical, engineering, inspection, scheduling, planning, survey, procurement and quality control functions for the site.
About your capability, behaviours and experience:
- Relevant tertiary Engineering qualification.
- Experience in project engineering and a working knowledge of project management.
- Competent in planning and organising work schedules and a demonstrated ability to deliver to strict timelines.
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of HS&E requirements and implementation of same.
- Sound negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Personal values aligned to McConnell Dowell’s values of safety and care, honesty and integrity, customer focus, teamwork, and performance excellence.
- Strong and clear communication skills with proven ability to engage others.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, organise and motivate others.
- Have valid Australian working rights.
If you would like to work for a business that appreciates the unique capabilities and perspectives of each employee, and which values the safety and well-being of its people, please consider joining the McConnell Dowell Group.
McConnell Dowell is an equal opportunity employer as we value diversity within our company.
Please note all successful applicants must hold valid work rights for Australia and must pass satisfactory pre-employment checks such as medical, psychometric and drug and alcohol testing.