C-17 Supply Chain Specialist (relocation support)
Paid relocation jobs in Kuwait:
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values.
We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We have an opportunity for a Supply Chain Specialist to support the Kuwait Air Force (KAF) aircraft based Al Mubarak Air Base, Kuwait and will require relocation to Kuwait. Security clearance is not a requirement for the position.
The successful applicant will participate in supply chain support demand and maintain accurate inventory control of assets. Perform inventory management and processes customer requests. Investigate feasibility of repair/overhaul and reviews. Identifies alternatives to obsolescence issues.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Coordinate activities to support provisioning and product deliverables, maintains accurate inventory control of assets and monitors customer spares requirement/inquiries.
- Analyze data to determine inventory change requirements, investigates feasibility repair/overhaul, reviews applicability of warranties to allocate costs and coordinates and documents movement of assets and components through the repair cycle.
- Typical daily tasking will involve stock, store, and issue for the Kuwait Air Force inventory.
- Identifies and resolves customer supply chain management issues and discrepancies.
- Identifies supply chain alternatives to resolve obsolescence issues.
- Advanced knowledge of supply chain strategies (e.g., inventory reduction, parts kitting, supplier consolidation, optimum flow, lead-time reduction).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Effectively influencing skills working with managers and supervisors.
- Demonstrated experience in effective verbal and written communication e.g. Listens to and works to understand others needs or requirements. Communicates confidently and persuasively with a clear sense of audience and appropriate tone. Demonstrates logical thought processes in communications. Articulates complex issues in a concise and readily understood manner. Articulates thoughts in a clear, effective and organized manner.
- This position requires the ability to work independently under time constraints and stress, in a demanding, on-call, around the clock operational environment.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree and typically more than 8 years’ relevant work experience
- Candidate should have experience and background working with ITAR inventory and shipping restrictions associated with this material.
- Must be able to adapt to non-English speaking cultural environment, work independently with minimal supervision and be flexible in terms of working hours and shifts.
- Candidate should be able to demonstrate proficiency in standard and ESD packaging requirements and warehouse material handling tools and equipment
- Knowledge of Department of Defense spares and supply support processes and procedures. USAF logistics support operations and systems.
- Be familiar with Air Force Material Management, C-17 technical publications, and have knowledge of engineering drawings, preferably C17.
- Experience with Integrated Defense System (IDS) procurement system, C-17 Repair of Reparable (ROR) process and the GOLD system is a must.
- Knowledge of Kuwait and GCC export/import regulations.
- Knowledge and ability to produce reports of Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- This position will involve working in a warehouse environment and will be required to perform some touch labor tasks as required.
- Experience supporting C-17 Globemaster Integrated Sustainment Partnership (GISP) program and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) in a multi-national environment is a plus.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This requisition is for completing work on a Boeing contract in Kuwait. Management, day-to-day supervision at the workplace and administration of compensation and benefits will be arranged by Boeing Kuwait, Inc., while the contract of employment will be with KANET. Employment is subject to the candidate’s ability to satisfy all Kuwait labor and immigration formalities.