Air Export Operations Specialist – Qatar
Relocation jobs in Qatar:
JOIN OUR TEAM IN QATAR FOR A FULL-TIME POSITION, STARTING SOON.
How do you predict what the world’s going to do next?
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group’s air, ocean and road freight specialist, we offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
Because at DHL Global Forwarding, Freight, we’re not simply about freight forwarding. We’re about forward-thinking ways to connect people – and improve their lives.
Currently we are looking for an AFR Operation Specialist (Export/Import)- Qatar to handle and distribute all required documents for import and export. Are you interested in fulfilling the needs of customers and take corrective action in case of deviations from customer requirements?
If this sounds like something you would like to do, please read on.
- Effectively communicate with all airlines with space booking and clarifications related to shipment
- Check shipment suitability with available flight operations aircraft types and arrange for airline booking with airline system on desired flight, email communication for special cargo instructions
- Verify House Airway bills in compliance with international customs requirements
- Prepare Master Airway bills in compliance with IATA/airline requirements
- Verify export documents mandatory requirements fulfilled status .
- Inspect shipment international packing requirements maintains quality as per airline standard,.
- Co-ordinate with the cargo stakeholders (Warehouse , customer service , fleet and customs broker ) to get the cargo details and to arrange for the transfer to the airport .
- Check and verify pricing quotations meet with buying rate, if not communicate with pricing and customer service for advising customer re-validated quotation
- Effectively communicate with airport cargo terminal authorities for shipment entry process
- Ensure shipment transferred to airline meet cut off requirements
- Sorting documents for console pouch in effective way in orderlies
- Consultation to customer through customer service/pricing/sales for dangerous goods mandatory requirements
- Recommendations to customer and packing vendors for packing requirements for aircraft limitations for dangerous goods quantity wise as per IATA regulations
- Verify shippers packing, marketing labeling of general cargo
- Verify Dangerous goods marking, labeling though check list, if marking labeling incorrect re-labeling and marking is mandate.
- Ensure FWB/FHL generation through cargo wise and ensure EDI verifications with ground handling agent
- DGF managed dangerous goods packing guidelines to packing vendor in compliance with IATA
- Prepare dangerous goods declaration based on reference with IATA DGR
- Cost update with supplier invoices, airline freight charges, airport handling invoices
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Logistics Bachelor degree or any relevant business degree
- Prior experience in similar position
- Knowledge of the industry and stakeholders – shipping lines, CFS, transporters
- Good knowledge of the Air Freight and Forwarding Industry
- Good knowledge of Air freight product pricing
We offer excellent employee benefits and a competitive salary package. You will have the opportunity to work in a diverse and multicultural environment with great development opportunities.
Application closing date: 14th Sep 2021
Why join DHL Global Forwarding?
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees.
The development of talented women in our organization will be a focus for us and an important part of our DGF Strategy 2025.
We aspire to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
We are looking forward to your application.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.